Thursday, May 20, 2010

I guess I'm not a natural-born blogger

since it's been well over a month since I've posted anything. I've thought about doing it many times, but somehow it always gets pushed to the back burner of my ever overflowing stove top. After I walked my first 10-miler with my team mate, Jenny, in a FREAKIN LIGHTNING STORM, I was going to post about how scared I was that we'd be struck dead, right there on the trail, and my obituary would say how my sensible team mate had tried to talk me into walking at the mall instead, but alas, my stubborn nature had finally done me in. Or after I went down to Gulf Shores with my mom and kids and dressed in an outrageous pink outfit and got on the Rick and Bubba radio show to promote our team, I was going to post about all the crazy looks I got at 6 am in my gawdy pink hat. Or when I finally surpassed the 100-mile mark sweating to death on one of my training walks and I realized I'm barely scratching the surface on what I need to accomplish. Or when our team raised $1840 at our kids' elementary school doing Penny Wars, how proud I felt to be part of such a great school and community (yes, I know it sounds corny, but it's true). I had intended to blog after my Parents Night Out adventure, which was tons of fun for the kids, but I learned that I'd like more eyes watching those adventurers next time. Or this week when I realized what is probably wrong with my foot is Morton's Neuroma and I've got to go see a foot doctor about it to see what can be done, I wanted to blog and ask if anyone has ever even heard of this lame sounding condition (I mean, couldn't they come up with a better name than Morton?).

But most importantly, if I could adequately capture the emotion on this page every time someone shares their story with me about survivors, their precious loved ones who've lost their battle, or the ones who are currently courageously fighting, I'd write it all down every time.

But some things can't be expressed so easily in a blog.

So I will just continue to carry them in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing an OUTSTANDING job! Keep up the great work and blog when you can :)

    ReplyDelete