Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today is a sad day. Today, for the first time since our team was formed, we had to move a name from the "In Honor Of" list to the "In Memory Of" list. Mindy McCann, age 40, lost her battle with breast cancer. She was a friend to our team mate, Jenny, at Trinity United Methodist Church. I didn't know her, but I do know she had young children. And because of breast cancer, she won't be here to see them grow up. And although her family and friends are hurting now, the hold that cancer had over Mindy's earthly body has been broken. No more pain and suffering for her. I pray that her family can take comfort in that.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33.

I pray a cure is found soon. I don't want another name to get moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment